Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun and Prayer


We've been MIA for a few days on here. We escaped to Memaw's for a few days and I just now had time to post. Kari, Malachi and I ALL needed a break from our house. After being cooped up for a week it was time to get out. Besides that, Kari was acting depressed and I thought getting her out in the "normal" world would help. We're on the count down until Kari goes off steroids...8 more days. We're praying that she will return to her normal personality and things will be a little easier for everyone. We've experienced some "Roid Rages" (as I've heard they're called) and they aren't pleasant. Also, the late night eating sprees are making us all tired and cranky! LOL!


This morning we got up bright and early and went to Aunt Shelia's bakery and pie shop so that Kari could help make pies and cakes. She and Malachi had so much fun! They played in pie dough and flour and pie filling and ohmyword they made a mess but had a blast! I remembered my camera but left my memory card in the computer at home so you will have to suffer through cell phone pictures. A fun time was had by all and we ate some good homemade chocolate pie. About the chocolate pie...seriously. You all just missed out is all I can say.


This week is youth camp here at our home church where my mom goes. I wanted to take Kari so that she could see all the kids and so that we could have people pray for her. I know that some of you all aren't pentecostal like me (lol) but we believe in prayer and churchin'! Tonight we had everybody pray for Kari and she seems so much better. She is actually smiling willingly again and had a good time tonight with everyone.


I won't pretend that this isn't the hardest thing I've ever faced in my entire life and I hate every minute of seeing Kari in pain or crying her little eyes out because she simply just doesn't understand what's going on in her life right now. Her hair is to the point where she has bald spots that are hard to cover up. At the rate it's coming out, she will probably be in hats by the weekend. Of course, she did tell me today that she WAS NOT wearing a hat until I got some to wear with her. So, I'm searching for some cute hats to wear with Kari. I've found a few but we will probably need every color. Or maybe that's an excuse to go shopping?

Anyway, I realized something tonight while they were praying for Kari. Although I'd like for the Lord to work a miracle and completely heal Kari, I know that sometimes that isn't His will. I won't try to understand why He allowed this to happen or try to understand His ways.


But, I realized that my prayer for Kari is for her to KNOW the Lord. For Jesus to somehow make Himself real to her and that she would know the Lord as her personal Saviour and never stray from that as long as she lives. I remember growing up listening to my mommy pray to the Lord that she loves so much and watching her read her Bible faithfully everyday and that became my lifestyle too as I got older. I also grew up listening to my mother in law and father in law pray and, now that I'm grown, I love the Lord the same way they do and desire to serve Him with my life. I want her to have an even greater desire to serve the Lord and to love Him with all her heart.


And for some reason I'm rambling tonight and you all are probably like...really, can we move on? So I'm going to leave you with my new favorite picture!


Thanks for listening and for commenting to let us know you care! It means so much to us. Love you all! :)

7 comments:

  1. Rue 21 has a TON of hats and they are usually cheap. Sometimes even like .99! I was so glad to see y'all at youth camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You need to download the blogpress app. It makes blogging from your phone really easy. It's even easier than blogging on a computer! It's like 3.99 but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you all are getting to enjoy youth camp! I also love Sheila's pie shop! Looks like you all had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying Always!!!! So glad that you are getting to get out some and go to church. I love the little pics of her baking. My Mia loves to cook. I'm sure they would be fast friends. Just keep your eyes on Jesus, Ashley. You know He will bring all of you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like everyone and a great time baking. The chocolate pie looks delicious. :)
    Yes, "Roid rages" are no fun at all. :( It's hard on everyone, the child who has to go through it AND the rest of the family. It goes away when they get off the steroids. It takes a couple of days, but then you'll notice a big difference.
    My son always wanted turkey sandwiches in the middle of the night. lol Sometimes, more than once a night!
    We're praying for Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So at first I just seen the chocolate pie and I thought I was on my sister's cooking blog. I was so proud. I thought she had finally mastered mom's chocolate pies! Lol

    http://www.perfectbutburnt.blogspot.com/

    Anyways, I realized I was on the right blog after all when I seen Miss Kari having a blast in the kitchen. I'm with Kari on the Pampered Chef stuff. It is fun!

    Glad to see the smiles!!!!!

    Amy Parker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you all!! I love you Ashlee!!!
    Talisa Lay

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!