Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The First Parent

I received this message in an email this morning and thought I would share. It reflects my parting words in my post for Monday. I'm thankful that God doesn't expect us to get it all right in the first month or even in the first year or EVER. Remember this is just a funny little story. :)



To those of us who have children in our lives, whether they are
our own, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, or whatever....
here is something to make you laugh. (Remember, this is a laugh!)

Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort
from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to
His own children. After creating heaven and earth, God created
Adam and Eve (his children).

The first thing he said was, "Don't!"

"Don't what?" Adam replied.

"Don't eat the forbidden fruit," God said.

"Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit?
Hey, Eve. . . we have forbidden fruit!" "No way!" "Yes, way!"

"Do NOT eat the fruit!" said God.
"Why?"
"Because I am your Father and I said so!" God replied,
(wondering why he hadn't stopped creation after elephants).

A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break
and was He ticked!

"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit?" our first parent, God, asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.
"Then why did you?" said the Father.
"I don't know," said Eve.
"She started it!" Adam said,
"Did not!" "Did too!" "DID NOT!
Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that
Adam and Eve should have children of their own.
Thus, the pattern was set and it has never changed!

But there is assurance in this story.
If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children
wisdom and they haven't taken it, don't be hard on yourself.

If God had trouble raising children, what makes you think it
would be a piece of cake for you?



The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind
yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay up with you and the kids thru the post every couple of weeks. I love the pics and your rambling thoughts! :) You are doing a good job in a difficult situation. I'm proud of you! :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!