Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAMMY!


Yesterday was Gammy's birthday and we all met at Pizza Hut to surprise her.




Let me just say a little about Gammy.
I "officially" came into this family in 2004 but I've been daughter #2 for probably about 20 years now. MIL has seen me at my worst and she's seen me at times when I'm not at my worst. (I don't have a BEST, just times when I'm not as bad as others)

We've been through a lot together, me and MIL. Other than my own mother, I look up to her more than any other woman on this earth. There are a lot of women that I admire and that I confide in and look to for inspiration. But none of them more than MIL....she's a true woman of God.

As a struggling teenager I can recall numerous times that I spent the night at their house and woke up in the early hours of the morning to MIL calling on the Lord. Seriously, it's something else to listen to. There's nothing more comforting than to hear that woman praying and having communion with the Lord.



On another note, Gammy is SO MUCH FUN! Going on vacation with this family is a BLAST. My kids are always having adventures because Pappy and Gammy will do anything to make sure everyone has a good time. As a member of the youth group they pastored at one time, it was FUN!! Fun mixed with learning about the Lord is something not many people can pull off. But they pulled it off well and I'm living proof (no matter how pathetic I may seem) that they were GREAT!


On another note and then I'm done, Gammy is now a truly wonderful Pastor's wife. I'm not sure what else to say except that there's not another woman alive that I'd rather have standing at the head of our church.


As the DIL of the family.....well, there's a lot to be said about the relationship between a daughter in law and mother in law. I've heard horror stories from others and I think it's a HUGE blessing to have a mother in law that accepts me AS HER OWN.

Gammy, I love you! Kari and Malachi love you! Thanks for being the best Gammy, MIL and Pastor's wife ever!!


My FIL will get me big time when he sees these pictures but they were too funny not to post!!

:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley this is a great post. All so true. Great pictures great fun. Wished I hada been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Sis. Karen is THE best pastor's wife in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Sis. Karen!!! I love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!