Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hmmm....

So I was thinking of what to title this post and I couldn't come up with anything creative. I titled it the first thing that came to mind. I'm such a deep thinker. :)

Last night was pretty uneventful. The kids seem to be over their little bug. I'm still not sure what was going on with them...?? My house was such a mess yesterday from all the weekend traveling and the Easter excitement. There was Easter grass strewn from one end of the house to the other, Easter candy EVERYWHERE, clothes, shoes, hats, bows, socks...you name it, it was everywhere!!! I try to clean when the kids are asleep or playing really hard or something but last night I knew I had to lay the law down to myself and get the house cleaned no matter what.
MISTAKE!! LOL. I finally just said "Okay, monkeys, let's go outside and play for a while." This made them so happy and by bedtime, the trigger had been pulled. I tried laying down with them, I tried rocking in the recliner, I tried laying them down by themselves.....for some reason my children WILL NOT go to sleep anymore until they're ready to drop.


Is it because of the time change? Is it because we're probably the only family that has no bedtime routine?


I'm a little flabbergasted at what to do about our bedtime situation. I've had several suggestions but none work for us and I like for my babies to go to sleep peacefully knowing that mommy is happy with them and loves them. Does this make sense?

So, anyway. We took a drive last night. :)
And I almost have my entire house cleaned.
And my laundry is almost finished.
And I read a book.
And I couldn't go to sleep.
Until after 12:00.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for ya! It seems like the only time I get any time at all for myself is when Ava finally goes to bed. I hope you get the sleeping routine figured out... but I don't think there is anything wrong with wasting a little gas in the meantime! Maybe just driving around at the same time every night will help them adjust to going to sleep at a specific time. Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!