Friday, April 16, 2010

Thoughts at Random

1. I wonder what was under my porch last night that scared the daylights out of me and made Mrs. T hiss and throw her ears back?
2. I wonder how many pieces of pizza I'll consume tonight at Cici's?
3. Why are Fridays so stinkin' long and boring?
4. I lost another pound but I don't understand how because I've ate like a pig this week. Go figure.
5. Only 7 days until we hit the road for Florida.
6. If I could only convince my father in law and other members of the fam to move to Florida where it's warm 365 days a year and start a church. I would also have to convince our other church members to move because I would miss them.
7. My sister is so sick and I feel so bad for her.
8. I am still working on this blog for those readers who are constantly thinking about how drab it is. I can't download the backgrounds at work so I have to wait until I have time otherwise. Maybe I'll have a pretty blog page soon. :(

Last night after church the kids and I went to Taco Bell with Pappy and Gammy. By the time we had finished eating Kari crawled up in Pappy's lap and said "I'm going to sleep in Taco Bell, Mommy, cuz I seepy." How cute.
So,anyway, the kids fell asleep on the way home and as I was carrying some stuff in to the house from the van I noticed that the cat, Mrs. T, was hissing and growling at something under the porch. This scared me. I jumped back in the van and the thought crossed my mind to lock the doors and sleep in the van until daylight. Most critters go back into a hibernation somewhere when the sun is up. (okay, that's just my opinion but it may be true) Because I am absolutely terrified of snakes and that's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw Mrs. T hissing and growling, I just knew that it would slither out at about the time I was stepping up onto the porch.
But I was so brave, friends. For the sake of my children getting a good night's sleep I carried them in really fast and locked the door (as if any critter could unlock my dead bolt) and turned the porch light off should the critter decide to take the bright light as a welcome to sit on the porch a while. I put the kids to bed and then I turned the porch light on and peeked through the door to see if I could see anything slithering around. Nothing. Ten minutes later I did the same thing and again, nothing. My mother in law sent a text message to make sure we got home okay. I relayed the scary info about the unknown slitherer that was lurking under the porch. She suggested a skunk.

Weird. Because I smelled fresh skunk when all the windows were open earlier that day and wondered where it was coming from. Dear Lord, deliver us.

This is a picture of Canaan and Kari. They were in Sunday school together for 2 years and now Canaan has had a birthday and moved up to the next class. They are such good friends and it is so sweet. Despite all the jokes we make about them getting married, it truly is just a JOKE. I'm very glad my kids have other kids at church to befriend and have fun with. My kids are to live with Mommy until they are at least 30. They're free then to start looking at the other gender.



Tonight we're meeting our dear friends Laura and Landon to eat pizza and play. Landon and Kari have a fabulous time so I'm sure I'll have neat pics of that on Monday. Malachi's birthday party is also this weekend so Mr. One Year Old will be the main topic of discussion on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you much for thinking of me on Friday....I was so very sick.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness....I just found your blog and LOVE IT! You are SO FUNNY! I love how you write just like you talk :)

    I'm glad you got brave and carried your kiddos inside....you must be some kind of superwoman. I dont know how you do it!

    Also I think your blog looks great! I have somebody do mine for 35 dollars because I can't figure out how to do all that stuff.

    cool cool! Way to go Ashley. You're gonna be so glad you "journaled your life!"

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!